Is my hand-sanitizer effective? That is a question you should know before you purchase a hand-sanitizer product for your customers or your brand!
With the COVID19 pandemic in full swing here in the United States, there has been a huge shortage of many staple products in our stores, including toilet paper, paper towels, handi-wipes, and hand-sanitizer.
With this shortage of supply, many new suppliers have surfaced offering products that may, or may not be effective. This includes hand-sanitizer.
With this in mind, we wanted to list five things that you should know before buying or trusting any hand-sanitizer product.
- Ensure that the hand-sanitizer meets recent guidelines for production from the FDA, CDC, and WHO. These organizations released these new guidelines in March of this year, with a newer update on April 15, 2020. Note, all High Purity Natural Products formulations meet these guidelines. (FDA Compliant) “Hand hygiene is an important part of the U.S. response to COVID-19. Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is essential, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing one’s nose. If soap and water are not readily available, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends consumers use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol”
- As noted above. The formula should be at least 60% alcohol. Anything less might not protect you from unclean hands! (Note, High Purity Natural Products uses the FDA recommended 75% or 80% by volume, depending on the formula)
- Ensure that the product is manufactured in a GMP Facility. All of our hand-sanitizer formulations come from a GMP Facility to ensure the highest quality.
- Get the best! Check to see that the product is also made in an FDA registered facility. Those are the two big things to look for, GMP certified and FDA registered, this ensures that you are getting the highest quality products available!
- Consider adding a moisturizer product to compliment the hand-sanitizer. Hand-washing and hand-sanitizing dries skin out. You can increase sales by offering a high-quality hand lotion that will help protect hands from painful cracks. These cracks can also let germs in, so this is important! High Purity Natural Products can offer custom formulated hand-lotions that you can offer to your customers. Ask us about our handcare package, lotion and hand-sanitizer combined!
Give your customers and your brand the best! We hope that you keep these things in mind when purchasing hand-sanitizer products to sell to your customers, or for your brand. If you have any questions about our products, please feel free to get in touch using the contact form on our website, or click here.
High Purity’s wholesale hand-sanitizer products meet all criteria established by the FDA and WHO for maximum effectiveness. Get the best! Our hand-sanitizer products are made in FDA registered – GMP certified facilities. We currently offer a variety of sizes from 2-ounce personal size bottles with generic labels, to 275-gallon industrial totes.